We have all been there. You have had the special date on the calendar for weeks or even months. You're so excited, and yet you're still scrambling the day or night before to "get everything done." We have all been down this road before, and yet here we are again. This has happened to me countless times to me, and Covid threw me off my game even more. Do you have something coming up this year? Don't worry. We've got you covered! First things first. Get out a piece of paper. Try not to use your phone, it can be such a distractor. The top 3 things to dial in first to ensure your skin is vibrant, smooth and dewy are: hydration, moisture, and sleep. But first, make sure the event doesn't sneak up on you!
- Look at your event date, and back track 1 month (longer than 1 month for weddings etc.), 2 weeks, and 1 week, and 2 days before the event
- Next, add reminders about your event on days of the week that are less hectic for your schedule and block 30 minutes to focus on the event prep.
- Remember skin cells take 28 days to turn over, so any major changes will require more than 28 days to show
- There is no one size fits all, so what worked for your friend, may not work for you.
Regardless of skin type or age. Hydration and sleep make everything better. Your skin will be plumper, smoother, and more youthful head to toe. Even your digestion will benefit.
- Check-in with your daily water intake
- Consider increasing water intake by getting an idea of how much you drink with a water bottle that shows the ounces to help stay on track. Hydromate makes one that we like. Glass or metal often tend to be less toxic.
- Maximizing hydration from the outside is priceless. Consider adding extra hydration all over, or at least near the eye area to plump and smooth fine lines and wrinkles. 2 options we love, with links to our faves.
- Add hyaluronic acid just before moisturizer am/pm. All skin types, but extra great for acne prone, oily skin or those that don't like the feeling of heavier cream on the face.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin
- and if you haven't tried the re-wet face technique, it is a game changer, click to get your freebie here
- Increase moisture on areas that aren't break-out prone with a nourishing cream. Cetaphil recently updated this cream and now it is nourishing and highly rated on Yuka, the clean products app.
- Don't forget the neck, chest, and eye lids, hands, tummy, feet and body. This is great from head to toe and can be used by the entire family.
- Ensure deep, restorative sleep is on point prior to your event. Talk to your physician about adding Magnesium just before bed to benefit from the restful repair and boosted energy during sleep. Beware your metabolism and gut health may be accelerated.
- Need extra ways to hydrate based on your skin and body's needs? Send us a message, and we can help!
- Got hydration all dialed in!? Check out our part II of the event prep series.