When you hear the word anti-aging, what comes to mind? You would think that what we spend our time and money on, should line up with what the number one cause of aging is, right? Hmm, not so much. Despite the fact that 80 to 90% of premature aging is due to the sun, this is often not what we spend our time and money on. The fact is, sunscreen isn't sexy, but it's essential. And, in this instant gratification world, the mystery wrinkle cream or expensive facial sells more stuff. So, it's up to us, to have a mindset shift. Why? The sun's rays penetrate to the deeper layers of the skin, and can damage the cell DNA. Damage often takes years to show it's full impact. But, just because we can't see it, doesn't mean that it isn't there. There isn't a fancy cream, laser, or facial that can reverse a life time of sun exposure without protection. Sunscreen is a foundational habit that should be like brushing your teeth. Do it daily, and know that you are investing in the #1 thing that contributes to aging and the most common type of cancer in the U.S., skin cancer.
In Short ~
- Find a sunscreen you will put on every day that works for you
- Sunscreen is worth the investment of time and money
- Sunscreen is not just for beach days, use it daily
- Sunscreen in your make-up or moisturizer isn't enough
- Sunscreen should be the #1 anti-aging step to aging your best